Personal Survival Techniques
The STCW Personal Survival Techniques course (often referred to as Sea Survival training) covers all the essentials for dealing with a survival situation at sea. It is a core part of the STCW Basic Safety Training course and is one of the 2 modules that require STCW2010 Update training every 5 years.
- Types of emergency situations such as collision, fire, sinking
- Types of life-saving appliances normally carried on ships
- Equipment in survival craft
- Location of personal life-saving appliances
- Principles concerning survival
Practical instruction will include
- Donning a life jacket
- Donning and use an immersion suit
- Safely entering the water from a height
- Righting an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket and immersion suit
- Swimming while wearing a life jacket
- Keeping afloat
- Boarding a life raft from ship and water while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a life raft to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a drogue or sea anchor
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
Please contact us if you require any further information about this course or wish to book on behalf of a company:
Telephone: 01454 260130
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday – Friday: 08.30 – 17.00
Company group bookings can be facilitated with bespoke course options for 8 or more crew; please contact the office to discuss your requirement.
Please be aware that online bookings will be confirmed with course joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment will be received by email.
There is a wide range of local accommodation, some of which are within walking distance of the training centre to suit everyone’s budget. For a list of local accommodation please click here.