Personal Safety and Social Responsibility – STCW Course Content:
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Observing safe working practices
- Understanding orders and being understood in relation to shipboard duties
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship
- Types of emergency which may occur, such as collision, fire foundering
- Knowledge of shipboard contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Effect of operational or accidental pollution of the marine environment
- Basic environmental protection procedures
- Importance of maintaining good human working relationships aboard ship
- Social responsibilities; employment conditions; individual rights and obligations; dangers of drug and alcohol abuse
The STCW PSSR course can be taken as a stand alone course or as an integral part of our STCW Basic Safety Training course package.
Please contact us if you require any further information about this course or wish to book on behalf of a company:
Telephone: 01454 260130
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday – Friday: 08.30 – 17.00
Please be aware that online bookings will be confirmed with course joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment will be received by email.
There is a wide range of local accommodation, some of which are within walking distance of the training centre to suit everyone’s budget. For a list of local accommodation please click here.