Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting:
South West Maritime Academy’s STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting course can be taken either as a stand-alone module or as part of the 5 day STCW Basic Safety Training, helping you prepare to take your first steps into a career at sea.
The course runs over two and a half days, and covers both theory and practical learning.
- Minimising the risk of fire
- Maintaining a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire
- Fighting and extinguishing a fire
- Shipboard fire-fighting organisation
- Location of fire-fighting appliances and emergency escape routes
- The elements of fire and explosion (the fire triangle)
- Types and sources of ignition
- Flammable material, fire hazards and spread of fire
- Fire and smoke detection and automatic alarm systems
- Classification of fire and applicable extinguishing agents
- Use of Breathing Apparatus
- Live fire fighting
Please contact us if you require any further information about this course or wish to book on behalf of a company:
Telephone: 01454 260130
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday – Friday: 08.30 – 17.00
Please be aware that online bookings will be confirmed with course joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment will be received by email.
There is a wide range of local accommodation, some of which are within walking distance of the training centre to suit everyone’s budget. For a list of local accommodation please click here.