Advanced Fire Fighting Course Content:
The 4 day STCW Advanced Fire Fighting course covers a range of both theory and practical based topics, some of which are laid out below.
- Elements of combustion
- Fire classification and extinguishing agents
- Shipboard fire fighting organisation
- Command and Control
- The effect of water on ship stability
- Casualty evacuation methods
- Liaison with shore based fire fighting organisations
- Procedures for fighting fires both at sea and when in port
- Compiling fire reports
- Control and training of fire parties
- First aid fire fighting equipment
- Fire fighting techniques
- Fixed systems and detection equipment
- Legislation regarding merchant shipping and vessels
For more details on prerequisite requirements for this course look at MSN 1865 (M)
Please contact us if you require any further information about this course or wish to book on behalf of a company:
Telephone: 01454 260130
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday – Friday: 08.30 – 17.00
Please be aware that online bookings will be confirmed with course joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment will be received by email.
There is a wide range of local accommodation, some of which are within walking distance of the training centre to suit everyone’s budget. For a list of local accommodation please click here.