CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OFFICIAL STATEMENT
South West Maritime Academy continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Internationally, and the safety of our employees, customers and partners is our top priority.
We have already implemented additional precautions both internally for our staff and externally for our customers, delegates, partners and wider supply chains.
Due to the nature of our services, all our equipment already goes through a rigorous sterilisation process. This also includes using anti-bacterial and anti-viral solutions.
The following processes are already carried out in line with our policies. Many of these processes were in place prior to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As standard, you can expect the following processes from South West Maritime Academy:
- Any equipment where chemical products cannot be used it is either washed or steam cleaned
- Items such as breathing apparatus, fire fighting PPE, immersion suits and coveralls will be washed and thoroughly dried to reduce the risk of pathogens.
- All of our equipment is segregated into “clean” and “dirty” areas to avoid cross contamination.
- We can confirm that all our onsite service technicians have not travelled to any of the countries that are on the Government watch list. We continue to monitor staff travel in line with our internal policies.
- High risk, smooth non-porous, surfaces where the virus can survive longer will be cleaned with anti bacterial and anti viral chemical solutions to ensure a high pathogen kill
- Additional sanitiser stations have been added to throughout the training centre and office entry.
- Additional advice signage has been added to service centres and offices such as; “Catch it, Bin it, Kill” it as well as specific advice for educational sectors
- Hand washing advice has been added into welfare facilities
- We have increased cleaning routines with specific instructions to daily disinfect all frequently touched surfaces
- We have also nominated internal staff to clean down frequently touched areas throughout the day
- No external face to face meetings will take place until further notice.
- Ensure adequate provision of antibacterial handwashes / soap in all toilet facilities
- All full and part time staff have signed up to Public Health England Alerts
- We have communicated with our partners and supply chain on the actions we have taken and ensure that they are also implementing similar control measures.
- Changed the layout of classrooms to satisfy the 2 metre guidance set out by the World Health Organisation.
- Staggered comfort breaks to avoid any unnecessary large groups of individuals in the canteen allowing for additional cleaning between breaks.
- Course programmes have been changed to ensure delegates are spaced out throughout the training site during their time with us.